26 May 2010

First Daughter Goes To Daycare

Recently, my wife enrolled our daughter in a daycare. In Korean it's called Oreenee Cheeb (Children's House). I don't know all the details of the Korean tax/entitlement system so I left them up to her. I like it that way for plausible deniability. hehe I won't get into any details, but we might be able to swing some discounts for the cost of daycare!

Score!

This daycare is pretty cool! For a single price we can keep her there for a few hours or several. Later when the wife is in the hospital recovering for two weeks, the daycare will drop off first daughter at the hospital if I need to work late. Imagine trying to get something like that back in the states!

We enrolled her because we were concerned that her social skills were not being developed, since she doesn't interact with anyone her own age. (I may act like a 2 year old when we run out of beer but that doesn't count) Also, with the addition of our second daughter, we wanted to get her accustomed to going to daycare and not associate her departures with the new baby. The wife could also use a break and do other things (like get me my beer, hehe). Why just the other day we did a little cleaning and took a nap!

On my off days, I like to walk her to school. She has this backpack that fits her tiny torso and doubles her charm. That and her toddler steps makes everyone that sees her, coo and smile. My chest puffs out with pride! I've also become a sort of subject du jour with the teachers there. You see, I didn't understand what they said to me when I went there to pick first daughter up, but then they said "ddong" and I understood. It must have been funny to them because they told this story to several other mothers. Supposedly I am affectionately called "ddong apa" or "poop dad." What do I care. I smile and bow politely and put on my good neighbor behavior. I'm just happy to be able to spend time with and hold my daughter while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.