03 May 2010

Fun With Security Questions

If any of you are interested in a security expert's point of view, other than my own, I suggest you stop by Bruce Schneier's blog. Not only does he have his own book, but he goes on speaking tours. He's like a security rock star.

Anyway I thought I'd share an article with you from his blog, not all of it, but just a sample. It's about certain web sites that ask you to customize both security question and answer. So instead of the standard, "What is the name of your favorite pet?" you get to make up your own Q&A.  Some choice parts...

Q: Need any weed? Grass? Kind bud? Shrooms?
A: No thanks hippie, I'd just like to do some banking.

Q: I've been embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars from my employer, and I don't care who knows it.
A: It's a good thing they're recording this call, because I'm going to have to report you.
From the comments...


Q: Hello, you're through to the hot banking chat line, how can I help you?
A: Tell me, what are you wearing?
Q: What do you want me to do?
A: What are you willing to do to make me happy?
Q: I hate working at a call centre.
A: I'm sorry, the connection's very quiet. Would you please repeat that in a louder voice?
Q: Yeah, the manager actually thought I was taking a call. How stupid is that?
A: Aren't you glad they record these calls for quality assurance?
Q: Do you like Colonel Angus?
A: What woman doesn't?
Q: Would you please allow us to credit your account today for $100 as a token of our appreciation?
A: Of course! Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.