21 November 2010

For Understanding: Explaining the Libertarian


I'm a Libertarian. Often when I tell people that, they get this funny look in their eye. They either confuse me with a liberal or an extreme conservative. hehe While I may be socially liberal, I am also fiscally conservative. Just to eliminate any confusion, Republicans have been socially conservative and Democrats have been socially liberal. Both are fiscally liberal, spending our money without regard and despite what they say that they're trying to cut spending.

For another, perhaps more eloquent explanation, here's this guy:


It is often that I find people regularly misunderstanding where libertarian types are coming from when they make statements about their positions on limited government and the way in which government should be structured. Often there isn't enough clarification on our "libertarian" end, which leads to confusion about why we support the positions we do.

Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.