16 November 2010

What I'm Reading: Comeback


Comeback: A Mother and Daughter's Journey Through Hell and Back

If you're jaded, then this is probably just another sob story that will have a happy ending. I'm trying to move away from those feelings. I have daughters and I think this could be one of those good read books. This may seem like an unusual read for a frustrated guy like your truly, but I hope to expand and branch out. This isn't a self-help book like How To Win Friends and Influence People (I'm still working on that, by the way). No sir, this is just a true story of how far a mom went to save her daughter from a life of drugs. This is a true story of a daughter's journey to the bottom and returning. Both of their stories are told and are interwoven to give you a more complete picture of their tribulations.

I don't have any expectations from this book. I don't plan on analyzing for deeper meanings or symbolism. This will just be for enjoyment and perhaps a deeper appreciation of parenthood.

I have several more books on the shelf to be read, I can't wait to get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.