04 December 2010

Lovin' That Gold!


I woke up this morning, next to my baby daughter. Recently Mrs. Floridaegu has been placing her next to me in the morning so that I can help her out. That's fine with me. She deals with both children most of the day and if that means I have to give up a few hours of sleep so that she can get a few herself, well, that's fine by me.

So I pick up second daughter, put her in her bouncer and go make coffee. I take my vitamins and Omega-3 and carry her to my office. I go through the mundane stuff and I look over at the stock ticker and precious metals index and I notice that gold is currently $1414.50 and ounce! Silver is at $29.38 an ounce! These are not new highs, but they are highs for the week. This is good.

In my email I found a video blog entry by my broker, Peter Schiff:




Yeah, he's pushing precious metals. He's said over half his portfolio is in precious metals, and I've been moving mine in that direction. I agree that QE II is causing a lot of problems. This is basic economics. Inflation robs the poor by making everything more expensive, and the last thing to catch up are wages. The rich can afford to pay more, obviously, so it doesn't affect them as much.

When I see what direction my country's been going, and how it runs counter to good reasoning, I have a constant fear for my family. I'm ok if I can't retire. I get it. Retirement's not a right and it's only a recent concept. When I see the country run unconstitutionally, run counter to common sense, I have to do what I have to do to save my family. Today that means buying more gold and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.