05 December 2010

The Government Tells You What You Can Eat Or Else


The classic big government statement: I know what's good for you. How dare you question that.
Here is another victimless crime.

Via Reason.tv:




I don't get it, do you? Perhaps there were good intentions when the FDA was started. Every path to hell is led with them. Thalidomide was a total fuck-up, but does that mean that they get to tell everyone what they can or can't eat? I saw a survivor man show where he ate raw [insert unusually nauseous animal/animal part]. I didn't see the FDA protecting him.

The point is, if I want to eat/smoke/inhale/inject/drink something, then why can't I? So long as I'm not harming or forcing it on others, then there really isn't any crime. Yes, if I decide to eat poison to kill myself then why is it a crime? Also, this swat/gestapo tactic of forced entry to stop someone from drinking unpasteurized milk is horseshit. Did they think the suspects had weapons and were going to go out in a blaze of glory? Sheesh!

The federal government should stay out of people's lives and get back to protecting the freedoms it was created to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.