04 June 2010

F'n Bureaucrats Are Consuming Our Taxes

Ahhhh, government bureaucrats! In Korea it is considered a desirable and prestigious job. It has job security and there is a career path and they get to flex what little power they have. Muaahahahahahaha!  Sounds similar to US government jobs. I should know; I used to be one. In fact, it was unusual when I quit government service for a corporate job, a lot of my friends couldn't understand. There's a saying in America about governement jobs and IT professionals like me: Government service jobs are where good IT folks go to die.  Hehe.

I suppose there are a lot of similarities in every bureaucracies. There are cogs and managers and leaders. There's corruption and red tape and kick-backs and quid-pro-quo. One day I went to the local Korean government office because I had to do something. While I was waiting I noticed that in addition to paperwork, there was a lot of internet surfing and delivery guys dropping off internet purchases. It was like I was back home in GS world! Needless to say there will always be minor ethical violations no matter where you go.

The Center for Freedom and Prosperity made this video concerning Those That Consume Our Taxes. Notice that it is very difficult to fire a GS worker if they perform poorly. Notice that when they retire we (taxpayers) must continue to pay for their retirements. Notice that during this recession, as private sector jobs and pay have decreased, their's have increased.  I think its time to make some cuts and put that saved tax money back into our small businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.