10 November 2010

65% Favor Getting Rid of Entire Congress and Starting Over


This is encouraging! Perhaps more Americans are beginning to question what's going on in Washington. We should always question what they're doing. They're human after all and if what they're doing is unreasonable or unrealistic, then we need to speak up. It our duty as citizens to do this. I think that since FDR, most of us have come to accept a greater level of intrusion into our lives. Some want the government to do for us what private citizens and businesses can't find profit in doing. Classic examples are running electricity to the farmers in the 1930's and currently there's talk about running broadband to the farmers so that they can take part in the discussions held on-line.

Of course I disagree with some of my fellow countrymen. I want the federal government, and to a lesser degree, state and local governments out of my life. I want the freedom to start a business with minimal fuss, pay my employees with a rate that we decide on, and do anything else so long as I don't interfere with the rights of my neighbors. Sadly some of us want a govenment that hundreds or thousands of miles away telling us what to do. I wonder if they're the same ones that can't do for themselves and must rely on those who can.
via BLACKLISTEDNEWS.COM on 10/27/10

Let's face it: Most Americans don't have much use for either of the major political parties and think it would be better to dump the entire Congress on Election Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.