05 November 2010

If This House is Rockin’ Don’t come a-knockin’


This guy speaks volumes, especially at the end. He's right. While most tea partiers dislike taxes and love the constitution, some, perhaps most want medicare and social security. This is incompatible with the Constitution. Be consistent.

via Undoctrination.org on 11/1/10

I’m writing this on November 1st, 2010 – the eve before the 2010 mid-term elections. We’ve seen one of the most contentious and outrageous “election seasons” possibly ever in the history of our country.

Have you ever stopped to wonder “why” these elections get so dirty?  Have you ever wondered why a person would spend millions of dollars (in many cases, much of that is their own money) to get elected to a government job that pays a base salary of $174,000 (plus bennies – many, many bennies …)?

... It requires a tough decision for some. Don’t vote for either major party candidate. Vote for the Libertarian. Or the Constitutionalist.  I voted last week, and I clicked on a goodly number of Libertarian candidates – it was refreshing to have so many on the ballot. I don’t vote a straight ticket – and all three parties actually received at least one vote from me this year. But I dare say the bulk of my clicks went to Libertarians.

Before you start – NO, I don’t feel like I wasted my votes. Perhaps YOU did … And NO – I don’t agree that my voting for the Libertarian was helping the liberal Democrat win. My vote for the Libertarian was helping the LIBERTARIAN win. And if enough people voted like they truly THOUGHT or FELT, we’d see a real onslaught of victorious Libertarian candidates from the local level all the way to Washington. I can safely say – even though the election isn’t until tomorrow – that this Libertarian sweep won’t happen this election cycle.

Why? Because “we, the people” aren’t quite ready to start recognizing the harsh realities of failed entitlement programs, that’s why. OH, we want to wave our cool flags with cool mottos on them in public, and we want to gather in groups of several thousand to listen to some great motivational speakers, listen to some music, and chant anti-statist slogans while holding up copies of the US Constitution. But most of us aren’t quite ready to give up the Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other welfare entitlements just ….yet.

Read the rest here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.