15 November 2010

What I'm Reading: The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy




I heard about this book for a long time and I saw the movie. I can't say I was all that impressed with either. There was decent acting, I suppose, in the movie. As far as the book goes, I think it's a fun trip through the imagination of Douglas Adams. Sadly when I conjured images in my mind, I thought about the different scenes in the movie. That movie probably ruined the book for me.  I tried. I guess if I had read this book when I was younger and didn't watch the movie I could enjoy it more, but as it stands, I must be getting old or my tastes have changed. I would recommend this book for middle and high school-ers and pot-heads.

I'm kind of looking forward to the next book on my list. It's a mother-daughter book about the journey both of them endured. The mother that wouldn't give up and the daughter that lost her way. Yeah, it sounds girly, but I want to move out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.