04 November 2010

Post-Election - I'm Happy

I am rather happy about what happened, although I do think something is amiss in Nevada.

Ultimately, IF the Tea Party Republicans hold true to what their platforms, then at least we can hope for no further damage. I say, "IF," because Washington has a way of corrupting good people. The GOP will control the house in January, but until then I am wary of the lame ducks that will push anything through. After January, I hope the the House will not push anything through that isn't constitutional and prevents the Senate from doing likewise. Essentially, they just have to hold the line until more like-minded people come into Congress.

Also as far as voter initiatives, Marijuana legalization is still relatively unpopular.  Perhaps in a couple more years. CNN is showing other issues such as "Right to Hunt" and "Health Care Systems." I didn't know the right to hunt was in dispute, but it's nice to know that the issues are being fixed. As far as health care systems, I think we're seeing nullification in action. Arizona and Oklahoma are example where the people have decided to protect people's right not to purchase health care and not be penalized. Awesome!

Just for added oomph, I'll throw in Peter Schiff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.