25 April 2010

Flex Time

I'm working about 16 hours today. I don't mind. I wasn't looking forward to it, but there are benefits. If you're Korean, then you're probably saying, "so what." I won't dispute the fact that Koreans work the most hours of all OECD nations. If you're European then you might be shocked. I think, however, that if you had the ability to flex your work hours, you too, wouldn't mind working 16 hours.

The reason I'm working 16 hours today is because my wife is going on vacation for a few days and I need to stay home and take care of the baby. The days I need to take off coincide with my work days. I've asked someone to cover my time off, but I still would like to work my hours so that I don't have to take any vacation time off. Yeah, I'm greedy like that. There's nothing unethical about it; I can flex my time within certain limits; I am being productive, and my manager doesn't mind so long as I can account for all the hours. It's a win-win for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.