18 April 2010

Pimping -- Driving in Korea



Good reader, let me show you to a site that I visit. It's called Driving in Korea and I'm pimping it, baby. A fellow blogger called Mr. Wonderful introduced the idea to me by pimping my own blog.

Anyway, I know the gentleman that started it and quite frankly I'm a bit jealous that I didn't start it. If you've lived in Korea for more than a few days you'll know that driving, hell, being a pedestrian here presents its challenges and it's peculiarities. It's often joked about amongst expats and Koreans alike. The driving rules or laws are merely suggestions. Also, don't expect a police officer to help you out. Judging from experience and the stories I've heard, an expat will have about a 80% chance of the accident being called against you because YOU are the foreigner. Also, don't be surprised when, after an accident occurs, to be yelled at, the other driver running up and down the street gathering fellow conspirators, and when the cops arrive, lie down on the street to be taken to the hospital.

But don't take my word for it, have a look-see at Driving in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.