20 May 2010

My Audience Approves Then I Stroke Myself

This is a young blog. As you can see on the right side, it's no older than three months old. I'm trying to make it to six months. That seems to be the hump, after which a blog can be taken a bit more seriously. I think the next milestone is a year or perhaps two. Well, let's just focus on six months, shall we?

Being a young blog, I don't have many readers or commenters. Some of the comments have been from friends, but it gets waaaay cool when there are mysterious, anonymous commenters. One of these days I'll have a troll, then I'll know I have arrived. I mean, what's a blog without a troll or two?  Look at Marmot's Hole or ROK Drop or, dare I say, An Idiot's Tale, they have an orchestra of sock puppets, lurkers, trolls, commenters, guest authors, open forums, and a bunch of extras.  I can't say for certain that my blog will one day supersede theirs, but it's a target to aspire to.

That being said, I think I'm going to give myself a positive stoke. Attaboy, FloriDaegu! Ah, that felt good. That took me about three seconds, a personal best! Let me tell you why before I take a nap. A commenter gave me a compliment. Normally, a blog will receive smart ass remarks or flames, but not me, no sir. The commenter said, "Good to see you are intellectually honest."

I don't know about you, but THAT is an enormous compliment! Intellectual dishonesty is shameful. If a person has the smarts, but purposely sticks to a position just to be stubborn, that person does himself a disservice and loses credibility. Nothing's wrong with being wrong. I was once a Democrat, but now I'm a Libertarian. I thought LTC Lakin had a chance in his court-marshal, he doesn't. People change, minds can change. 

Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.