04 May 2010

Race Card: The Last Play of Leftist / Democrats

I love the Tea Party. I love what it stands for, but 'd rather call it an extension of the Ron Paul Revolution. I know, I know, the tea parties were arguably happening before Ron's rise in 2008, but I don't think they took off until after Ron. There was a popular picket sign that often carried by Paulistas, it read "Ron Paul cured my apathy."

You see, I was once a leftist, a Democrat, a believer that we could save the poor and that we had to tax the rich to bring the poor up above the poverty line. Basically, I wanted Europe in America. Then, sometime in 2008, someone asked me, where, in the Constitution, it says anything about making anyone give to the poor or fighting undeclared wars or funding education. I had forgotten what the supreme law of America was. If the federal government refused to operate within its defined boundaries then what was to stop them from invading my privacy or inflating my money to the point of worthlessness? Ron's Revolution and the tea parties are efforts to try and get back our liberties that have been taken from us.

As the popularity grows with this movement, the liberal / leftist media tries to downplay the importance and significance of this movement. People are fed up, people don't want rampant government spending and burdensome taxes. They want freedom and less taxes and much more as promised in the Constitution, but the Dems and media won't show you this. No, sir. They want you to believe that these tea parties are full of angry white males and racists. To be sure, tea party as well as any party has its share of extremists. I don't think the Blank Panthers are a part of the Republican Party, do you? While the troublesome bunch is a minority, the media would have you believe that they make up a large portion of the tea parties. It' crap. The truth is, tea parties are made up of everyday people, of every color. How sad, it is when an institution, as supposedly esteemed as the press, is reduced to playing Jerry Springer tactics. Shame on you! Use logic and reason...if you can, if you can remember how.

An article from Reason Magazine, and accompanying video...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.