25 October 2010

AofM and Movember

The Art of Manliness is leading a charge for Movember. This is the month for raising awareness and money for prostate and testicular cancer. I'll grow a mustache much to my wife's disdain for a good cause.

via The Art of Manliness by Brett & Kate McKay on 10/22/10



Every time I turn on a football game, I see players with pink shoelaces and pink gloves and pink towels, all promoting breast cancer awareness. This year the White House was bathed in pink light and even the fire trucks in my town got painted pink for the cause. Now I'm all for saving the world's wonderful tata's, but men have a cancer all of their own, and it unfortunately doesn't get quite as much attention (I guess nobody wants to think about a guy's junk when they're peeling off the top of their yogurt.)

But Movember is an effort to change that. Started in 2003, Movember is an annual, month-long celebration of the mustache, highlighting men's health issues – specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and male depression. During the month of November, men grow a mustache and raise funds for charities like the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG).

We're going to be celebrating Movember here on the Art of Manliness website by inviting readers to grow a mo during the month of November. Last year the AoM Movember team raised over $8,000! I think we can double that this year. Ready to join us in the fight against prostate cancer?

Read the rest here.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Is how you say "oh my god." Is good idea for saving the health of balls but I just don't want thinking about many problem with balls. Korean man can't make good mouthstache so maybe not helping a lot. But other place can grow .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello good reader!

    AofM is short for Art of Manliness, another blog where I grabbed this article, but thank you for telling me about OMG.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear what you think.