15 October 2010

Site I Like

PaperbackSwap.com

It's almost self explanatory.

You have a bunch of books sitting around since middle school and they're taking up space. What's a boy to do? I suppose you could donate them to the library, but where's the entrepreneurial spirit in that? I have sold several on Amazon, but if sales aren't moving, you're still left with useless inventory. The next best thing, in my opinion, is trading.

At PaperbackSwap, I list all of my idle books and trade them for books I want. The books must be in good condition and if they're not, the recipient can say so and the sender won't get credit.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, let me explain the swap. Someone requests a book I've listed. I receive an email notifying me, so I log on and confirm if I can mail within a period of time or not. I print out the recipient's address to be used as wrapping for the book. I wrap the book with the printed pages and go to the post office. Generally, the books can be mailed via "Media Mail" so the cost is usually about $2 - $3. Once the recipient receives the book and is satisfied they log on and acknowledge receipt. I get a credit and the recipient is deducted a credit.

Credits are what's used to trade books. You start off with two. If you want a book but you don't have any credits, you can buy some. If you've sent a book then you get credits and can keep them for later books that you want sent to you.

I like this site because I get to clear out old books and find books that I like without paying retail. My only cost is postage paid on outbound books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.