26 October 2010

Korean Readers



I think I may have a few Korean readers! It shouldn't be surprising since I do reference living and working here.  Sadly, as I write this, I am not at a keyboard that supports Hangul. It looks like I'll have to create a page on the right side for Koreans that stop by.

Welcome!

Just to let you know, my experience in your country has been mostly positive. Any frustrations I may have experienced here are probably no different than what a Korean living overseas may have experienced; I miss certain foods or have language problems, but it's nothing that couldn't be overcome with a bit of effort or creativity. I face the same problems you do, daily. I get stuck in traffic, or my wife buys something I think is unnecessary. I share the same positives, such as exhilaration of the Korean soccer team or watching 2NE1 shake their goods.

When there is something political going on in your country, such as Mad Cow protests, I don't go out and join, but I may talk about it with my Omma-nim and Appo-nim. I just try mind my business and be a good neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.