05 October 2010

What I'm Currently Reading


How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

I've heard a lot of positive things about this book and I think I'm long overdue for some introspection. I could use some advice and perhaps a fresh way of looking at myself and others. To be sure, I don't have a problem meeting people, but I think I can do better. I've noticed in myself plenty of cynicism and I sometimes antagonize people. I'm trying to take a more positive approach and maybe this book will give me some tips. I'd hate to see my children become sarcastic so young...I'll probably have to stand it when they get older.

I've read a few pages and this is going to be what I call a "workbook read." I'll read, re-read while underscoring certain points, and try to apply and evaluate my application of the recommendations found in the book. If you know me and you're reading this, be prepared, because you are my unwilling guinea pigs. MUAHAHAHAHA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.