05 March 2010

The $10,000,000 Question

This question is usually posed by high school guidance counselors in order to find out what you would like to do if money were not an issue. This is, of course, after you've finished partying and relaxing. I decided to revisit that question recently. While I am really good at my current job, it rates kinda low on the happiness index.  That's ok. I've stated before that I'm ok with that.

So if money were not an issue, what would I like to do for work? Hmmmmm....

Sales...sucks.
Real estate..maybe.
Computers...nahh.
Construction...maybe
Landscaping...maybe
cooking...nope
art...nope
animals...nope
medicine... maybe something below a PA
law...maybe, international, property, financial law
teaching...hell no
photography, no
day care...ok
long haul trucks, ok
forklift... ok
welding...seems interesting
Masonry...possibly

I think I'm seeing a trend towards blue collar work. I might be reminiscing about my father's hands when I was a child. I could be over-reacting to recent DIY jobs I've done around the house. I could simply be tired of wearing khaki and working indoors. This is the part where I should be thankful for what I have, and I am. I bet if I started working outdoors I'd quickly miss the office life, the air-conditioned summers and heated winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.