14 March 2010

Duck for Dinner

Last night my family went to visit my in-laws. I care for them a great deal. They've always been kind to me and very generous with food. We went to eat duck meat at a restaurant near their house. It's good especially with a little garlic and soju. Seeing as how it was Saturday night, it was rather busy. It's a really popular restaurant, away from the city, but not too far off the beaten path, and I'd like to recommend it.

**Note to blog-self: Next time take a few pictures and get a map of Daegu to show other people where to go.

After finishing off the meal and a shared bottle of Cham Soju, we went to the in-law's house and talked for a while. And after about 30 minutes we went home, bathed the daughter and went to sleep. Unfortunately, it was one of those nights. For some unknown reason, the wife and I woke up around 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. Strange.

Well since I'm up I might as well post something, make a to-do list and start knocking stuff out. I'd like to clean the bathrooms, office, and floor before we go downtown to look for gold.  Ahhh gold! I always ask the clerk to let me hold a gold nugget in my hand. 35.5grams of precious metal. Nothing like the feel of real money in your hand, but that's for another post.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good. Maybe I'll bring my wife down to a Duck place we go to. I think it's about 26,000 won for 1kg (5 servings of 200g/ea). They serve it with a massive bowl of sliced onion and normally provide us with Cokes for free ("service!").

    -Dave Gluckman

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear what you think.