15 March 2010

Dentists are Badass in Daegu

I went to the dentist today. It was one of many tasks, nothing special really. One of my incisor's...I don't know what to call it...half my tooth is some sort of cement and model airplane, it's not a cap or a crown, it's like enamel, but different...anyway a piece of it came off and I went to the dentist to have it taken care of. I was a bit apprehensive, like most people because this was first visit for me. My regular dentist was in Susong, but my wife recommended that I try this guy because he came recommended by her doctor *smirk* and the susong dentist is more expensive. Well, I know why the dentist in susong is expensive. He and his staff can communicate with me in English and they help me fill out my company's insurance forms. Oh well, let me try this new guy, he might be better. I might even be able to ask him a few questions about his practice and coverage under Korea's universal health care.

Persuaded, I went to this place. The experience was excellent! When I got there, the lobby was typical Korean style, clean, fashionable, and simple. I waited only 10 minutes, was shown to a seat, and examined. The dentist, Dr. Kim, was professional and polite. He didn't speak much English, but my wife was there. He explained what he saw, what he needed to do, and several suggestions for improvements for my dental health! A big plus was that he and his staff wore rubber gloves (a rarity here)! When he finished, he gave me a mirror and it was fixed, of course, but he went ahead and cleaned off some coffee stains. All this cost me 70,000 won! Compared to the states, where I'd wait an hour, get the minimum service and pay probably 2 or 3 times what I did here, I am really satisfied! I was so satisfied that I forgot to ask my questions.

I highly recommend Dr. Kim, at the Grand Dental Clinic, if any of you are in Daegu and in need of dental work. Parking in the back is good. The subway --Jincheon station--line 1, and a bus stop are just outside so that's good for those of you on foot. If you decide to take a taxi, you can tell him Dalsogu Mizmam (located right next to it, and a good landmark) or Jincehon yok (Jincheon station).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you think.